About Me

My photo
I am project obsessed! I also have a some what distorted belief that I can D-I-Y everything!!! I'm in my mid 30's and still trying to figure life out.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Settling into the New Year

I feel like so much of my life and self have been in transition in the last 3 weeks. I have been really thinking about the past, present and future. I have made some big decisions and things are really falling (nicely) into place.

While visiting my younger (little/bigger) brother a week ago, I stumbled across his copy of The Power of Now. The passage that has resonated the deepest with me is about how your mind will always cloud your judgement of the past. If you look back on something, especially something that was a bit negative, you will inevitably not have clear judgement. It will interpret things based on past experiences that may not be related to that individual experience. Basically, you see things in the present based on your past. That's just not fair is it!?!

So, I've decided that the past is in the past. I want to view my life as things happen to me. I also don't want to let my past distort my future. I don't want my past to make my anxious, or worry needlessly about my future. It's a step to living a life without fear and truly learning to live and love each day I get with my beautiful friends and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment