About Me

My photo
I am project obsessed! I also have a some what distorted belief that I can D-I-Y everything!!! I'm in my mid 30's and still trying to figure life out.

Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Prepping for Gobble Gobble Day (Thanksgiving that is)

I can't make it home in the Midwest for Thanksgiving this year. Therefore, for the third time I will be preparing all the fixins for Thanksgiving. Here's what is on the menu followed by the ingredients:

Free Range Turkey:  Turkey, celery, carrots, onion, butter, fresh sage, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper
Honey Baked Ham: I ordered this
Stuffing : White and wheat bread crumbs, celery, onions, thyme, sage, rosemary, parsley, stock and butter 
Mashed Potatoes: Russet potatoes, butter, milk, heavy whipping cream and salt (TIP: make sure to dice the potatoes in equal sizes so they cook uniformly and warm the milk and cream before adding to the potatoes) 
Sweet Potatoes: Yams, brown sugar, pecans, molasses, butter and eggs    
Green Bean Casserole: Green beans, mushrooms,onions, mushroom soup, fried onions, and butter
Roasted Brussels Sprouts: Brussels sprouts, cipollini onions, olive oil, butter, salt and pepper
Cranberry Sauce: Fresh cranberries, sugar and water
Baked Brie: Unprepared crescent roll and brie cheese
Pumpkin Pie: Store made
Dinner Rolls: Store made

My mom exclaimed, "Wow, that's a lot to undertake", when I rattled off my menu to her. First let me say I'm certain she says this for two reasons. 1. I won't have her or my sister to help with the little and sometimes big hiccups and 2. She realizes that it is a BIG DEAL for me to get it right. I'll have to share pics after the table is dressed and everything is done!  

Finally, I wanted to share this inspiring pic. I'm kinda obsessed with a white theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment